The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has announced the extension of travel ban of commercial flights to Thailand until further notice.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FOR VISA AND CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY (COE) DIRECTLY TO THE ROYAL THAI EMBASSY IN OTTAWA OR THE ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL IN VANCOUVER ONLY.
Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Tourists visa holders (TR), Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R) and their spouses or children, Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools, Thai massage, cooking school). Due to a high number of infection rate, the APEC card holders and the applicants who are currently in the Canada and wish to obtain Special Tourist Visa (STV) do not fall under the categories that could enter Thailand at the moment, please check back regularly for any updates.
- (A) For diplomats and officials of international organizations
- (B) For work permit holders and their family members
- (C) For non-Thai who are going to work in Thailand
- (D) For family members of Thai nationals (spouse/child/parent)
- (E) For medical treatment in Thailand
- (F) For students attending schools and universities in Thailand
- (G) For non-Thai nationals who have the Certificate of Residence
- (H) For Non-Immigrant O-A/O-X (Long Stay) Holders (not including dependants)
General steps for Non-Thai nationals who are in the categories above (Excluding A) wish to travel with repatriation flight arranged by Thai government agencies
(If departing from Vancouver, please contact the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Vancouver directly)
- The applicant must submit the required documents for COE and Visa (if needed) to the Royal Thai Consulate in Vancouver via postal mail/courier ONLY, or The Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa.
- The Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Vancouver will review your application case by case.
- Once approved, the Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Vancouver will send you the instructions to purchase the ticket with the airline details.
- You need to book a hotel (Alternative State Quarantine – ASQ). Please book directly with an approved ASQ hotel and make your payment (http://www.hsscovid.com/). Your name(s) should be indicated clearly on ASQ hotel confirmation, along with the correct date of your arrival flight to BKK.
- Send a copy of your e-ticket confirmation from Cathay Pacific Airline and a copy of your paid ASQ hotel confirmation to the Royal Thai Consulate General via email email@example.com.
- You will receive a Certificate of Entry (COE) via email.
- You need to obtain a COVID-19 lab test result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected. The COVID test must be by RT-PCR method (the method must be clearly indicated on the form). The lab test result must also clearly indicate that has been “issued” or “reported” within 72 hours before departure time. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE IN ENGLISH.
- You need to contact a doctor to obtain a fit-to-fly health certificate (issued within 72 hours before departure time). The doctor MUST INDICATE CLEARLY on the document that you are “FIT-TO-FLY” or “FIT-TO-TRAVEL”. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE IN ENGLISH.
There is NO OFFICIAL FORM for a fit-to-fly certificate. Please DO NOT use forms found on the internet. Some passengers on previous repatriation flights were denied boarding because they used forms found via google search that did not contain the word “FIT-TO-FLY” or “FIT-TO-TRAVEL”.
***Your fit-to-fly health certificate and COVID-19 lab test result must be two separate documents. It is your responsibility to present these two documents upon check-in with the airline and on your arrival in Thailand.
***Failure to follow any of the above steps can result in REFUSAL to board your flight at the airport!!
Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)
All non-Thai passengers will be subject to a 14-day quarantine at their own expenses at one of the facilities for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) that have been approved by the Thai authorities.
***For the updated ASQ list and package details, please visit:
Please submit your documents (application, passports, other documents) by post/ courier at least 15 days before your departure date.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travellers are only permitted to enter the Kingdom of Thailand by repatriation flight and semi-Commercial Airlines. For all Non-Thai National who would like to travel to Thailand by the semi-commercial airline, please contact the airline directly. Semi-Commercial Airlines are follows:
- Qatar Airways
- Etihad Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Eva Air
- Thai Airways
- Austrian Airlines
- Swiss Air
- Air France
- Cathay Pacific
Please Note: All eligible travellers travelling to Thailand are required to have a valid Visa and a Certificate of Entry (COE) to enter Thailand.
For further information, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every passenger who wishes to enter Thailand shall comply with Disease Prevention Measures for the Persons Entering the Kingdom to Prevent the Spread of the COVID-19 Disease Annexed to the Order of the Centre for the Administration of the Situation due to the Outbreak of the Communicable Disease Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) No. 7/2563 Issued on 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020)
- Visa Application Form
- COE Declaration Form
- T8 Form
- Health Insurance for Long Stay Visa
- List of ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) as of November 10, 2020