If you reside in British Columbia, Alberta and Yukon, require a certify signature or documents to be legalized by the Royal Thai Consulate in Vancouver, you will need to do the following :
1. Have your document notarized (legalized) by either a lawyer or a notary public from British Columbia. If your documents have been notarized by other organisations, please check with The Royal Thai Consulate in Vancouver. Once your document has been legalized, take it to the appropriate organisation.
If your document was legalized by a Lawyer, then bring it to (second step):
The Law Society of British Columbia
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 4Z9
Tel: (604) 669-2533
Toll-free within B.C. 1-800-903-5300
If your document was legalized by a Notary public, then bring it to (second step):
The Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia
700 – 625 Howe Street Box 44
Vancouver, BC, V6C 2T6
Tel: (604) 681-4516
Fax: (604) 681-7258
In Victoria, please contact
Order in Council Administration Office
Ministry of Attorney General
Attention: Authentication Clerk
After the document has been legalized, you must fill out an application form available from the consulate. This application form can be downloaded below.
2. After completing the application form, send both the original and a photocopy of the document to our consulate by courier. You will need to provide your courier account number so that the documents can be returned to you once processed.
3. Include $30 CAD per document by Money Order or Certified Cheque, payable to “Royal Thai Consulate-General”, indicating the location of the office included (see below). Personal cheques will not be accepted. You may also apply in person and pay the fee in cash.
4. Provide a photocopy of your passport or photo ID.
If you reside in Alberta, after you have your document notarized by either a lawyer or notary public, you must take the document to the Attorney General of Alberta to be certified before presenting it to the Consulate General.
Deputy Provincial Secretary’s Office
Room 111, 9833 – 109 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2E8
If you reside in Yukon, after you have your document notarized by either a lawyer or notary public, you must take the document to the Corporate Affairs to be certified before presenting it to the Consulate General.
Societies Clerk, Corporate Affairs Territorial
Third Floor, Law Centre
2130 – 2nd Ave
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Phone: (867) 667-5314
Toll free (in Yukon): 1-800-661-0408 local 5314
Fax: (867) 393-6251
Application forms and more information may be obtained by contacting the consulate office at :
Royal Thai Consulate-General, Vancouver
1040 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2R9
Tel: (604) 687-1143
Please ensure that you provide a self-addressed and pre-paid return envelope through Xpresspost or Priority Post.
- Additional documents may be required by the consular officer.
- The Consulate can also legalize translated official Thai documents. The original and translated document must be sent together with the name of the translator and phone number clearly shown. We are not responsible for contents of the translation.