It takes over a month for North Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan and African nationalities to announce the result of visa application as permission from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand is needed.
Visa Hour: Visa drop-off and pick-up: from 9:30 hrs. to 12:30 hrs. only.
1. Nationalities from the countries below are required to submit the additional documents
- Afghanistan (require approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand)
- Central African Republic
- China (if stay more than 90 days require visa approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Iraq (require visa approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand)
- Nigeria (1. require a certificate of clearance from NDLEA , then legalized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria and Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria too. 2. require visa approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand)
- North Korea (require visa approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand)
- Republic of the Congo
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
- Sudan and South Sudan
2. Requirements for Obtaining a Transit Visa or Tourist Visa
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and containing several blank visa pages. Damaged, invalid, or altered passports will not be accepted.
- Copy of passport or travel document
- Copy of Permanent Residence card.
- Completed Two Visa application forms must be printed clearly in black or blue ink. Applicants who fail to come in person must have their signature notarized by a notary public.
- A certified letter of employment from your employer, or a certified letter from an academic institution confirming status.
- Two recent passport photographs of the applicant. The consulate will not accept photocopied or scanned photos.
- An airline ticket or an official itinerary(must be in English version) from your travel agency showing flights entering to Thailand and departing from Thailand must be presented. (No open flights, one way flights, or standby flights will be accepted)
- Hotel booking information
- A bank letter showing a minimum balance of CAD$1,500 for single-entry or CAD$8,000 for multiple-entry (the letter must have the bank address and signature of the bank official)
- Visa of third country in a passport or travel document
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
- Please note that we may require approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand before we can issue the visa. This may require additional time (up to two months). Please allow enough time for processing.