Visa Hour: Visa drop-off and pick-up: from 9:30 hrs. to 12:30 hrs. only.

1. Requirements for Obtaining a One-year “O-A” Visa
  • The applicant must be 50 years of age or older by the date of application
  • Applicants cannot be prohibited from entering the Kingdom
  • Applicants must having no criminal record against the security of Thailand or the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.
  • Applicants must be of the nationality or resident in the country where his/her application is submitted.
  • Applicants must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535).
  • Applicants can not be allowed to work in Thailand
  • The Consulate will be issue multiple entry visa only

2. Documents Required to Apply for a One-Year “O-A” Visa

  • A passport valid for no less than one year and a half at the time of application
  • Two passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months
  • Two original of “Visa Application Forms”. Applicant’s signature must be notarized either by a lawyer or notary public.
  • One original personal data form entitled “Additional Visa Application Form for O-A Long Stay”  Applicant’s signature must be notarized either by a lawyer or notary public.
  • Medical Certificate issued from the country in which the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (this certificate shall be valid for no more than 3 months). This must be stamped by a medical doctor.
  • A bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (original copy) indicating a monthly income of no less than 65,000 Baht. Alternatively, applicants can make a deposit and provide an income certificate indicating a total income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year. All financial statement must have the signature of the bank officer and stamped. Any bank statements require a letter of guarantee from the bank (original copy) as well.
  • A criminal record check indicating that the applicant has no criminal record in the country of his/her nationality or residence (this document must be valid for no more than 3 months).
  • In the case that the applicant wishes to be accompanied by his/her spouse but the spouse does not meet the requirements for the O-A Visa, a marriage certificate shall also be included in the application package (The spouse will be considered for the Visa for Temporary Residents under the ‘O’ Code).

3. Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom (very important)

  • Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.
  • The alien shall report to the competent authority after 90 days in the Kingdom, and report every 90 days thereafter with the immigration officer in the alien’s residence area, or report to the police station in the alien’s residence area if there is no immigration control there. (In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows: Forward the Report Form (To Mo 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp and include a self addressed envelop with sufficient postage affixed. This must be forwarded 7 days before the due date. This package should be mailed to the Immigration Bureau, 507 Soi SuanPlu, Sathon Tai Road, Sathon District, Bangkok 10120.
  • At the end of the one-year stay, a visitor who wishes to extend his/her stay must submit a request to extend the period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit account in the Kingdom, or an income certificate, of the amount of no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus a deposit account indicating a total amount of no less than 800,000 Baht a year. In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report shall be enclosed as well.) Copies of any previous such Reports should also be included.
  • If the visitor’s spouse wishes to extend his/her stay as well, the marriage certificate must be produced.