Thailand Film Office, Department of Tourism, responsible for promoting, regulating and supporting international film productions in Thailand, is proud to present the Thailand International Film Destination Festival 2018.
This is a short film festival unlike any other. Over 60 film-makers from across the globe will be given the opportunity to come to Thailand and make a short film. They will be given return flights, hotel accommodation and a budget for their productions – as well as a chance to win 570,000 Thai Baht (approx. USD 16,500).
Who is eligible?
- We are looking for film-makers in pairs, under 35 years of age.
- You must be engaged in a full-time course of study related to film or the media at undergraduate or equivalent level.
- You must not have a criminal record, or have ever been turned down for a visa to Thailand.
- You must have access to a DSLR or digital cinema camera producing footage at 1080p resolution and have access to a laptop or other mobile computer with editing software.
- You must be available to join the mission from 9 to 17 July 2018.
To make a short film exploring “Thailand through the eyes of foreigner (Way of Life/Culture/Tourism)”. You will have to find locations, actors, and use your talent to show your perspective on Thailand within the context of the region you have chosen.
- 9 May – 15 June: Application
- 5 July: Announcement of successful applicants
- 9 July: All teams arrive in Thailand
- 10 – 14 July: All teams working on their films
- 15 July: All teams submit their films
- 16 July: Screening and Judging
- 17 July: Awards Ceremony
- 18 July: All teams depart Thailand
To apply and for further information, please visit www.thailandfilmdestination.com