Tourist Visa “TR” (Single Entry only)
Tourist Visa TR (multiple entry) – suspended
Non-Thai nationals who wishing to enter Thailand for Tourism purposes.
Step 1 – Online e-Visa Application
The applicant who does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit must apply for a visa by:
A. Complete the online e-Visa Application at https://thaievisa.go.th/ and
B. Upload the following documents in PDF format:
1. One passport-size photograph (2″x2″ – JPEG format) taken within 6 months.
Photograph must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person
without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders
2. A copy of Passport (must not expire within 6 months)
3. A copy of flight ticket/ itinerary, showing going from Vancouver to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly)
4. A copy of recent bank statement (20,000 Baht per person or 40,000 Baht per family)
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly),
In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship.
(i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
5. For non-Canadian citizens
- a copy of the permanent resident card or a copy of valid Canadian Visa
- a letter proof of employment (**we don’t accept pay stubs**) or
- a letter proof of full-time student status.
- For self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name.
Please note: Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.
Processing time: minimum 5 business days, you should plan your flight properly to minimize your risk of not getting a visa and COE in time
Fee – $65 for single entry. There will be NO REFUND if visa application is rejected or you apply for wrong type of visa.
To Remind: Your visa request may be denied when:
(1) upload unprepared documents and photo;
(2) information uploaded does not meet requirement; and
(3) applying for wrong visa.
Step 2 – Submit the e-appointment slip and Passport
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant, the Royal Thai Consulate-General will review the application. The applicants must submit the following documents to
the Royal Thai Consulate-General by mail (only) / No walk-ins service:
(1) Signed e-appointment slip with barcode reference no.
(2) An original passport
(3) Self-addressed return envelope
– by Canada Post or Prepaid Courier Service
– Metered stamps are not accepted
Please write your name clearly and record your tracking number of return mail for future reference. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE TRACKING NUMBER INFORMATION.
Royal Thai Consulate-General
1040 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R9
The Royal Thai Consulate do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss.