TOURIST VISA (Single-Entry only)
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months. The passport must be valid for travelling to Thailand.
- Visa application form completely filled out for each passport
- One recent official passport photograph of the applicant taken within six months of application.
- Fee: 65 CAD
- Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID related medical treatment and coverage of no less than 100,000 USD
- Proof of adequate finance for the duration of stay in Thailand – copy of recent bank statement or letter from the bank showing 20,000 Baht per person in the bank account. In case of submitting a family bank statement, proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided. (Pay stub, line of credit and credit card are not eligible)
- For non-Canadian Citizen, required a copy of permanent resident / work visa / study visa
2. Validity of Tourist Visa:
- Single-Entry Tourist visa: with a visa validity of three (3) months and the duration of stay of up to sixty (60) days.
3. Validity of Stay:
- Travellers entering Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 60 days per visit.
4. Extension of Stay:
- Those who wish to stay longer can submit an application form at the Office of Immigration Bureau. The extension of stay and re-evaluation of visas is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
5. Payment: Fees (65 CAD) are payable in cash when applying in person. Personal cheque, debit card and credit card are not accepted. If submitted by mail, please pay by money order made out to “Royal Thai Consulate-General”.
6. Visas by mail: Royal Thai Consulate General is not responsible for any loss or damage to your passport and documents due to mishandling by mail services. If you are sending your application by mail, please send along with a prepaid Xpresspost, Priority Post envelope or pre-paid Courier. Please do not send in your application through regular mail, or enclose a regular mail envelope or stamps to send back your passport.
7. COE Online Registration:
Please prepare documents below to apply for COE online at:
1. Copy of passport page
2. A copy of your Thai visa (if already expired, you have to apply for a new one)
3. Letter from health insurance which covers COVID related medical treatment and coverage of no less than 100,000 USD, covering the whole intended period of stay. In case that the applicant intends to stay in the Kingdom for more than one year, the health insurance should cover at least the period of one year. https://covid19.tgia.org/
4. A copy of a hotel booking for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) at one of the hotels approved by the Thai authorities (www.hsscovid.com)
5. Flight ticket
What you need to present at airlines check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand:
1. The Certificate of Entry
2. Fit to Fly health certificate this is a statement by a doctor that you are free from symptoms and fit to fly (must be separate from COVID test)
3. Medical certificate with a laboratory result using RT-PCR test indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. Such COVID-19 test result must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure
4. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD
5. Copy of your confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel
6. T.8 form
- Visa Application Form
- T8 Form
- Health Insurance for Long Stay Visa
- List of ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) as of November 6, 2020
- Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Brochure as of November 6, 2020
- List of ALQ (Alternative Local Quarantine) as of November 6, 2020
- Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) Brochure as of November 6, 2020