This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 10 years without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time (total 10 years). Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Applicants must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
- Applicants must be nationals and passport holders of eligible countries, namely; Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada and United States.
- Applicants must apply for visa at the Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulate-General in the country of their nationality or where they have a permanent residence.
- Applicants must have 1) a bank deposit of no less than 3 million bahts in Thailand or 2) a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million bahts and annual income of no less than 1.2 million bahts. Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year, and keep at no less than 1.5 million bahts thereafter.
- Applicants must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 bahts and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 bahts.
- Applicants must not be prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- Applicants must have no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality and residence.
- Applicants must not have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
3. Validity of visa
Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-X” (long stay) is with multiple entries, with validity of visa of 5 years from date of issue, extendable for another 5 years at the Immigration Bureau.
4. Period of stay
Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of 5 years each time (total 10 years).
5. Required Documents
- Passport (Passport must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page)
- Two Visa application forms completely filled out, with three passport-size photographs (2″x2″). Photographs must have a light colour background with a full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months. (with notarized either by a lawyer or notary public)
- One Personal Information form (Additional Visa Application Form) (with notarized either by a lawyer or notary public)
- A copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 3 Million bahts, Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the visa OR A copy of bank statement (from financial institutes located in Thailand only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 1.8 Million bahts and proof of annual incomes of not less than 1.2 Million bahts.
- A letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record.
- A medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535).
- Health insurance plan as listed on website http://longstay.tgia.org. Coverage requirements for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 bahts and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 bahts.
6. Visa Fee
- 650 CAD
- Visa Application Form(2 sets, with notarized either by a lawyer or notary public)
- Additional Visa Application Form (for O-X Long stay/Retirement 10 Years only)(1 set, with notarized either by a lawyer or notary public)
- Medical Certificate Form (for O-X Long stay/Retirement 10 Years only)(1 set, with Doctor signed and stamped)