The applicant who does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit must apply for a visa by:
Complete the online e-Visa Application at https://thaievisa.go.th/ and upload the following
documents in PDF format:
1. One passport-size photograph (2″x2″ – JPEG format) taken within 6 months.
Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person
without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders
2. A copy of Passport (must not expire within 6 months)
- The applicant must be 50 years of age or older by the date of application
- Applicants cannot be prohibited from entering the Kingdom
- Applicants must having no criminal record against the security of Thailand or the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.
- Applicants must be of the nationality or resident in the country where his/her application is submitted.
- Applicants must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535).
- Applicants can not be allowed to work in Thailand
- The Consulate will be issue multiple entry visa only
2. Documents Required to Apply for a One-Year “O-A” Visa
- A passport valid for no less than one year and a half at the time of application
- One passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months
- One Visa Application Form
- A Medical Certificate issued from the country in which the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (this certificate shall be valid for no more than 3 months). This must be stamped by a medical doctor.
- A bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (original copy) indicating a monthly income of no less than 65,000 Baht. Alternatively, applicants can make a deposit and provide an income certificate indicating a total income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year. All financial statement must have the signature of the bank officer and stamped. Any bank statements require a letter of guarantee from the bank (original copy) as well.
- A criminal record check indicating that the applicant has no criminal record in the country of his/her nationality or residence (this document must be valid for no more than 3 months).
Visa applicant for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (for retirement long stay) must have health insurance which covers the whole period of stay in Thailand.Details of the requirement for health insurance are as follows:1. For In-patient: health insurance policy must have coverage at least 400,000 Thai Baht per policy year.2 For Out-patient: health insurance policy must have coverage at least 40,000 Thai Baht per policy year.In addition to the existing required documents, visa applicant for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (for retirement long stay) must furnish a completed “Insurance Certificate” as attached, as well as an original health insurance policy. A copy of the health insurance policy may only be accepted, provided that the applicant purchases the health insurance from participating Thai insurance companies as listed here http://longstay.tgia.org/. (insurance must covered your length of stay and must be notarized)
- Permission for an alien who has been Non-Immigrant O-A (not exceeding 1 year) to temporarily stay in the kingdom
3. Certificate of Entry (COE) for Non-Immigrant O-A/O-X (Long Stay) Holders (not including dependants)
Payment: $280.00 Fees
Visa by mail: Royal Thai Consulate General is not responsible for any loss or damage to your passport and documents due to mishandling by mail services. If you are sending your application by mail, please send along with a prepaid Xpresspost, Priority Post envelope or pre-paid Courier. Please do not send in your application through regular mail, or enclose a regular mail envelope or stamps to send back your passport.