*** The Thailand Special Tourist Visa (STV) holders can enter Thailand starting on October 1, 2021 until September 30, 2022 ***
Eligible Applicants for STV:
This type of visa is issued to eligible applicants who are Canadian Nationals or Citizens or Permanent Residents (PR) currently residing in Canada and their spouse, child or children (age under 20 years old) for the sole purpose of tourism only.
Proof of relationship (for dependent of the main applicant):
For the spouse: Marriage certificate
For the child/children whose age under 20 years old: Birth certificate
Step 1 – Online e-Visa Application
The applicant who does not have a valid visa or re-entry permit must apply for a visa by:
Complete the online e-Visa Application at https://thaievisa.go.th/ and upload the following documents in PDF format:
- One passport-size photograph (2″x2″ – JPEG format) taken within 6 months.
Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person
without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders
- A copy of Passport (must not expire within 6 months) (JPEG format)
- Proof of adequate finance for the duration of stay in Thailand – copy of recent bank statement or letter from the bank showing 20,000 Baht per person in the bank account. In case of submitting a family bank statement, proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided
- Proof of long-term accommodation after the quarantine. The applicant is required to provide one of the following evidence of payment which could be any of the following:
- Proof of payment paid in full until departure date for hotel or accommodation to be used after discharge from quarantine and hotel’s contact details and tax ID number
- Copy of a condominium title deed owned by the visitor or a family member
- A fully paid residential lease in Thailand issued by the lessor showing the duration of stay, and the lessor’s contact details and tax ID number
- Evidence of payment for the purchase or lease of a condominium-type residence that foreigners can legally buy or lease
- Evidence of payment of the quarantine hotel
Fee – $130 for single entry. There will be NO REFUND if visa application is rejected or you apply for wrong type of visa.
To Remind: Your visa request may be denied when:
(1) upload unprepared documents and photo;
(2) information uploaded does not meet requirement; and
(3) applying for wrong visa.
You must complete the online application with your full name, as it appears on the passport. If completed incorrectly, you will have to re-apply for the new one and re-submit the payment. Please note that the form cannot be modified after the payment is made.
Step 2 – Submit Application
Upon completion of an online visa application from the applicant, the Royal Thai Consulate-General will review the application. If the application is approved, the visa will be issued electronically to the applicant’s email provided in the application. Applicants no longer have to submit the original passport to the Consulate-General.
Step 3 – Certificate of Entry
Apply for COE online coethailand.mfa.go.th/
What you need to present at the airline’s check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand:
- The Certificate of Entry
- The medical certificate with a laboratory result using RT-PCR test indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. Such COVID-19 test result must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure
- Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD
- Copy of your confirmed booking hotel
- T.8 form (for Thai Immigration)
- T8 Form
- List of Health Insurance companies for Special Tourist Visa
- List of ASQ and ALQ Hotels
- List of Semi-Commercial Flight
- Special Tourist Visa (STV) information