Ordinary passport holder who wishes to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes is subjected to be granted Tourist visa:
- Short visit to family living in Thailand
- Medical treatment with registered hospitals
- Participants of MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Convention & Exhibitions) supported by TCEB
- Complete the online e-Visa Application at https://thaievisa.go.th/
- The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
- Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months (1. Regular photo, 2. Photo holding passport)
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).
- Proof of accommodation in Thailand
- For non-Canadian citizens –a copy of the permanent resident card or a copy of valid Canadian Student/Work Visa (no Visitor Visa).
Period of Stay:
- Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
- You must complete the online application with your full name, as it appears on the passport. If completed incorrectly, you will have to re-apply for the new one and re-submit the payment. Please note that the form cannot be modified after the payment is made.
- There will be NO REFUND if visa application is rejected or you apply for wrong type of visa.
Extension of Stay:
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at https://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Visa applicants are suggested to submit application at least 15 working days prior to the intended travelling date to Thailand.